Friday, May 24, 2013

iPhone Pull Down Refresh like Tweetie http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1634739/iphone-pull-down-refresh-like-tweetie

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1634739/iphone-pull-down-refresh-like-tweetie

iPhone Pull Down Refresh like Tweetie

I am trying to find an example of placing an element above the Table View outside the normal scrollable region. How would I do this? An example would be what the Tweetie 2 app for the iPhone does to refresh tweets.

Sample code would be extremely helpful.


1  
If you do use this, be mindful that there is a patent pending for the concept: appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/… – Crad Mar 20 '11 at 18:29
Interesting, I know Tweetie did it best, not sure it did this first. Also to note that this question was asked well before the patent was even filed. – Daniel Mar 21 '11 at 11:58
I believe that when the patent is filed is irrelevant. The criteria is "when did Tweetie 2 release this functionality," and "did anyone else release a product that did the same thing before them?" – Greg MaleticMar 30 '11 at 21:45
1  
Hate to say this, but it should be criminal to patent a paradigm that users expect to work, especially one like this one. – Moshe Oct 16 '11 at 3:48

up vote49down voteaccepted

I did find the answer to my own question, for anyone who is interested.

EGOTableViewPullRefresh

I tried this solution and it works great! It is almost identical to the Tweetie Pull Down refresh.

answered Oct 28 '09 at 3:02
Daniel
2,31311428
4  
I spent a little bit of time on EGOTableViewPullRefresh today and moved the main code into a UITableViewController subclass, it might be easier for some people to implement.github.com/jessedc/EGOTableViewPullRefresh – Jessedc Jul 1 '10 at 7:19
I think the EGOTableViewPullRefrehsh isn't a very easy solution. But if you can use it: It's the best way ;-) – Fabio Poloni Feb 13 '11 at 14:59
I can't find a license on the github site. – titaniumdecoy Apr 27 '11 at 18:58
I think EGOTableViewPullRefresh doesn't supported by author. 2 years no commits. Is enormegoalive? – Almas Adilbek May 3 at 10:45

Here's an alternative to EGOTableViewPullRefresh:

http://blog.leahculver.com/2010/12/iphone-pull-to-refresh.html

Source available on github here:

https://github.com/leah/PullToRefresh

It's slightly easier to use from the developers point of view, though I did go with EGOTableViewPullRefresh in the end as I preferred how it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment